Important Information

Radio Frequencies (Talk Channels) for Two Way Radio are allocated by the ACMA (Australian Communications Media Authority) which is the Federal Governing body in charge of Licencing of Two Way Radio Frequencies. There are 80 Channels of free UHF CB Two Way Radio Channels that have been set aside for the general public to use. These frequencies are in the UHF Band between 476.4250 and 477.4125 MHz. Any frequencies outside of this band are for COMMERCIAL USE ONLY and all need to be licenced. It is highly illegal to use any COMMERCIAL frequency outside of the CB Channels without a Licence on any Two Way Radio. Very heavy fines are levied and confiscation of equipment may take place should anyone be caught using Two Way Radio equipment on commercial channels without a license. This is like driving a car without a driver’s license, the normal person would not consider doing this and you should not operate on commercial talk channels without a radio frequency license either. Licences are not that expensive and to apply you should be a commercial entity and if you wish to apply for a licence we will be glad to help with this process.